Curly Hair Tips For The Best Texture
If you have wavy or curly hair, you know that achieving your best texture isn't going to happen with just wash and go. Curly hair requires careful styling and planning that straight hair usually does not require. When done right, curly or wavy hair can speak much about your personality and your over-all beauty. Textured hair requires the right care and styling products. You need the perfect amount of hydration, frizz-control and styling, otherwise hair just falls flat. Try the tips below that come from some of the top hair stylists in the industry.
1. Silk is a very gentle material, especially with the hair cuticles and won't roughan hair fibers. Invest in a silk pillow or wrap your hair with a silk scarf before going to bed. You'll wake up with great looking hair.
2. Rubbing hair with a terrycloth towel can rough up the cuticle and cause hair to frizz. Instead dry your curly or wavy hair by pressing gently with a microfiber towel, paper towles or soft t-shit.
3. To air dry curly hair, apply a hair gel or curl cream and wrap one- to two-inch sections around your finger to create perfectly defined ringlets. Lift hair off the scalp with duckbill clips placed vertically at the crown of your head.
4. As curly hair undulates, small cracks and crevices develop. If those cracks and crevices are not properly moisturized, they can increase in size and an uninformed curl pattern develops. So add moisture and then a curl shaping mousse that is light enough to penetrate deep into the cracks and crevices.
5. Curly or wavy hair seems to grow slower than straight hair because its length is all coiled up. But that doesn't mean you should skip trims; see your stylist for split end maintenance every few months.
6. All curly or wavy hair needs to have moisture. Once a week use shampoo and condition with sulfate-free hydrating products and use a moisturizing mask on your hair. If your curly or wavy hair is extremely dry then skip shampoo and try a cleanse with a non-foaming conditioner.
7. Lock in smooth texture and prevent frizz by applying styling products to curly hair when it's sopping wet.
8. Curly hair tends to get tangled easily. To avoid stubborn knots and tangles always use a wide tooth comb to brush your hair. Start with at the ends working upwards and spray hair lightly with Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Miracle Dry Oil. It gives instant smoothness and shine.
9. For some types of curly or wavy hair, blow drying with a diffuser attachment can help define texture better than air drying. Prep hair with product and blow dry on a low heat setting to protect fragile curls. When you're finished, smooth hair with a few drops of oil to eliminate flyaways and lock in moisture.
10. For those who have a few stray pieces that don't seem to curl as nicely as the rest (usually frustrating to curly girls) It is highly recommended going over those few pieces of hair with a curling iron to make the curl look more consistent.
With each new season, switch your hair routine just like you do with your skincare. The summer months call for lighter products which can be used on wet or dry hair to boost and define natural curls or give added definition and shine. Try Garnier Fructis Style Curl Shaping Spray Gel it gives the perfect amount of light control for soft waves and curls.