50 Beauty Tips Every Woman Should Know
In the world of beauty and fashion, there are endless beauty tips, fashion advice and rules to keep you looking fabulous. From secrets about how to style your hair without heat to brilliant ways to keep your skin looking young, the more beauty and fashion tips you know, the better you'll be prepared to handle every situation thrown at you - and look good while doing so.
In the list of 50 Beauty Tips Every Woman Should Know you find excellent tips from makeup artists, hairstylists and skincare experts. Remember, fashion and beauty should always be fun!
1. Use excess eye cream on cuticles. The more you hydrate your cuticles, the stronger your nails will be.
2. To prevent hair color from fading in the summer months, use a conditioning treatment weekly or bi-monthly.
3. Breakout before a big event? Take oral cortisone a few days before the event to clear your skin.
4. To make your manicure last, apply a thin layer of clear polish every two days. Pay particular attention to the free edge at the top of your nails, where chips usually happen, and apply extra clear polish there.
5. For the perfect cat-eye, select a thin liner brush that is tapered to the point. Use a gel eyeliner for extra staying power.
6. To make your cheek bones appear higher, use bronzer under the cheekbone and highlighter on the actual cheekbone, and remember to blend.
7. Before you blow dry, start with a volumizing spray or light gel to give the roots some lift. Pull the brush up towards the ceiling to really boost volume.
8. The #1 reason for flaky mascara is that the formula is too dry or old. Make sure to close mascara after use to help keep its moisture. To extend the life a bit, add 2-3 drops of saline solution into the tube and swirl the brush around.
9. When choosing a red lipstick, you just want to remember to get one that looks good with your undertone. If you have a warm undertone, then go for warmer reds, and if you have a cool undertone, then go cooler.
10. When self-tanning, use a tanner with a guide color. It will give you instant color before the effect and it will show you exactly where you put the color and where you may have missed.
11. If you're afraid of red lipstick, I love putting it on and then blotting it off to wear it as more of a stain. Another way to make it less intense? Apply with your fingertip instead of straight from the tube.
12. Use blotting papers to manage oil and shine in your T-Zone, which are also great for cleaning up around the eyes.
13. To make curls last, make sure hair is completely dry before you begin with the curling iron. Also, use a heat protectant spray with hold on damp hair to keep hair protected.
14. Use an exfoliator to get rid of dead skin, but limit yourself to 2-3 times a week so you don't dry out your skin. Use a gentler scrub on your face and a coarser scrub on the rest of your body.
15.When you wear a red lip it's important that it stays exactly where you put it. Using a long wearing lip pencil to create the perfect shape and a lip color are key to having a perfect red lip.
16. To make volume last all day, avoid running your fingers through hair. Oil from your hands can weigh down your roots leaving your hair flat at the end of the day.
17. Try to avoid washing your hair everyday. Constant shampooing leaves hair dry and your scalp will create more oils to compensate for the loss of moisture. Instead, use a dry shampoo and style your hair into a braid or ponytail when it's a bit more oily.
18. Always use a moisturizer with SPF in the morning. Even in the winter!
19. Clean out your makeup bag at least once a year to get rid of old products that may be expired or you no longer use.
20. If you don't have nail polish remover, apply clear nail polish over your nail, and then wipe off. It will remove old polish.
21.Change your beauty routine for spring and summer months. Your skin needs less coverage during the spring so you can swap the heavy, winter products for lighter ones.
22. When applying bronzer, first start by applying it around the perimeter of your face and follow with a light dusting on your forehead, nose and chin.
23. To get curls when you have straight hair, use, a volumizer or volume thickening agent, a curl enhancing product, light holding finishing spray.
24. Foundation should never be heavy. Apply liquid foundation with a damp makeup sponge for best results.
25. The right red [lipstick] will light up your hair, eyes and skin immediately, the wrong one will not.
26. Use your concealer as a base on your eyelids. Concealer will help to absorb oil and your eyeshadow will stick to the product instead of your lids, making it stay longer.
27. If you're not a fan of liquid liner, get the look of liquid eye liner by using a gel instead.
28. Exfoliate before applying self tanner to get rid of dead skin. Tanning products tend to cling to dryer areas and rougher areas, like your knees and elbows, so make sure they're moisturized first.
29. If you straighten your hair with a flat iron, cause less heat damage by letting hair air dry. The less heat, the better!
30. To minimize pores, use a pore-minimizing facial wash followed by a toner. Make sure the toner is alchohol-free so it won't dry out your skin.
31.To mask split ends, use an iron to straighten ends and then apply a hair repair cream.
32.To fix brassy hair color, use a color-depositing shampoo with purple tones. For unwanted redness, use a color-depositer with a green tone.
33. To cover up roots in a hurry, use a dry shampoo spray for your hair color. If you don't keep this product around, use eyeshadow (in a shade closest to your hair color) for a quick fix.
34. To contour cheeks, use a matte powder (a few shades darker than your skin tone) with an angled brush. Blend on temples and under cheek bone.
35. Get quick volume by using a root lifter, then use hairspray to set hair. This will prevent it from falling flat during the day.
36. To help you find the right shade of foundation, choose the product you think is closest to your color and try it on your jawline in natural light. You will be able to easily compare it to your neck's color to see if you need to go for a different undertone, lighter or darker.
37. Try out the funky hair color trends without dyeing your hair. Instead, dust bright blush in your ponytail for the same effect.
38. Splurge on items that are important to you. If mascara is really your thing and you fall in love with a mascara that's $40, buy the mascara.
39. Use a facial exfoliater bi-weekly to get dead skin of dead skin. Makeup will look better on a clean, smooth canvas.
40. After using a a hair conditioning mask, follow with a cold water rinse to close the hair cuticles.
41. To get your braid to last all day, try styling hair that's dirty with product. This will make the style stick longer.
42. Use a clarifying shampoo once a week to get rid of any product build-up that may have occured during the week.
43. Use a pumice stone on your feet after the shower to get rid of calluses.
44. Hydrate your under-eye area with an eye cream to prevent puffiness and bags.
45. If you have light hair, put a lotion over the eyebrows and hair line when self-tanning the face. Also remember to apply it in circular motions and blend down to the neck.
46. If you often find yourself being too tired to wash your face at night, keep makeup removing wipes in your night stand to prevent a runny mess or morning break out.
47. The best way to get rid of ingrown hairs is to exfoliate, which rids the skin of dead cells and allows the hair to break through the surface.
48. The best time to apply creams is after the shower, as the skin has been de-oiled.
49. To keep hair color vibrant longer, use shampoos and conditioners formulated for colored hair.
50. Use a cream or milk cleanser to wash your face. Creams are less drying than gels.